By: Jen Russon
The Chabad Jewish Center, led by Rabbi Yankie Denburg and his wife, Chana, kicks off its cooking class series this October, focusing on Asian food as its first offering.
The Culinary Club, hosted on Thursday evenings, is one of several adult education classes taught at the Chabad.
Led by Chana Denburg, the cooking mostly features the kind of Jewish food your Bubby used to make.
“For me, Jewish foods carry memories of big festive holiday meals around my bubby’s table with cousins and friends. The feeling of family and belonging were in every bite,” said Denburg.
She added the Chabad’s culinary club cooks many different genres, but most importantly, stirs and kneads friendship and community.
Classes are planned through June of 2022 and include vegan cooking, a “bubby” inspired menu, star bread, sumsum, tacos, and cheesecake.
A $140 membership includes all seven classes, which begin with “Asian Dinner” on October 7. Individually, culinary club events are $25 per person.
Denburg said bringing a friend is strongly encouraged since it can only ramp up the fun. Click here to register online. The Chabad Jewish Center is located at 11325 Atlantic Boulevard.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2022.04.27First Presbyterian Church Welcomes 5th Senior Pastor, Dr. David Barry
- News2022.04.26Coral Springs Charter Baseball Player Knocks Another One Out of the Park with ‘Promposal’
- Events2022.04.26Mother’s Day ‘Sip and Stroll’ Comes to Coral Springs May 1
- Events2022.04.21Coral Springs Improvement District Offering Food and Fun at Open House, April 30