By: Jen Russon
The Chabad Jewish Center, led by Rabbi Yankie Denburg and his wife, Chana, kicks off its cooking class series this October, focusing on Asian food as its first offering.
The Culinary Club, hosted on Thursday evenings, is one of several adult education classes taught at the Chabad.
Led by Chana Denburg, the cooking mostly features the kind of Jewish food your Bubby used to make.
“For me, Jewish foods carry memories of big festive holiday meals around my bubby’s table with cousins and friends. The feeling of family and belonging were in every bite,” said Denburg.
She added the Chabad’s culinary club cooks many different genres, but most importantly, stirs and kneads friendship and community.
Classes are planned through June of 2022 and include vegan cooking, a “bubby” inspired menu, star bread, sumsum, tacos, and cheesecake.
A $140 membership includes all seven classes, which begin with “Asian Dinner” on October 7. Individually, culinary club events are $25 per person.
Denburg said bringing a friend is strongly encouraged since it can only ramp up the fun. Click here to register online. The Chabad Jewish Center is located at 11325 Atlantic Boulevard.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.11.26Applications for School Choice to Open December 1
- News2021.11.23The Broward Health Coral Springs ‘Medical Staff Scholarship’ Now Accepting Applications
- Events2021.11.18Three 10th Graders from J.P. Taravella Make All-State Honors Concert Band
- Eat2021.11.183rd Time Really is a Charm for Big Mike’s Bakery and Cafe