By Bryan Boggiano
Due to the increased demand for services and continued population growth, construction has commenced on a new wing at Chai Center Chabad.
The expansion includes a multipurpose library/lounge, Hebrew and preschool classrooms, a secure patio entrance, playground space, a teen lounge, a game room, and areas for Talmud, and Rambam daily classes, and Torah & Tea Women’s Group.
The initial planning and acquisition began in 2013 as part of Phase I of development, which ended in 2020 with the addition of a 4,000 square-foot patio.
During the pandemic, the patio served as a safe outdoor place of worship, camp, and other functions, according to Chai Center Chabad.
Chai Center Chabad notes that as a community resource, that the center belongs to everyone. Everybody who participates in what the center has to offer feels a sense of belonging.
“When we enrolled our daughter in the Chabad preschool, we couldn’t have imagined how incredibly caring and warm the atmosphere would be,” said Sharon Nadler, mother of a 3-year-old, in a press release. “On top of that, she has already learned so much about Jewish heritage and also general knowledge.”
As the pandemic continues, Chai Center Chabad sees the need to expand its community, which includes expanding the center.
Currently, several spaces in the center are multipurpose. A room off the synagogue used for kiddushin and life-cycle events also serves as a Hebrew school and preschool space. As part of Phase II of development, these areas will increase.
So far, the Chai Center has raised more than $3.5 million and hopes to raise $1.8 more for the expansion.
“It’s thrilling to be part of building a community with an eye to the future,” said Rabbi Allen Kopelman. “I am confident that my investment in Chai Center today will pay big dividends for my children and grandchildren.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Events2022.01.26TICKET ALERT: Comedian Eddie Griffin Comes to Coral Springs
- News2022.01.25Commission to Discuss Future Retail, Restaurants, and Entertainment.
- Events2022.01.24League of Women Voters Hosting Youth Voting Video Contest
- News2022.01.21Residents Invited to City Forum Discussing the Allocation of $20 million in Rescue Funds