By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland will be offering scholarships for graduating seniors this year, but hurry, applications are due January 27.
The first is the Educational Advisory Board Scholarship. This scholarship is open to Parkland residents graduating this year with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. This scholarship seeks to recognize students with outstanding community or civic service above the minimum requirement of 40 service hours. For specific amount, contact city staff.
The second scholarship is a $3,000 Engineering Scholarship offered in partnership with Unger Engineering Services and Winningham and Fradley, Inc. Applicants must be Parkland residents eligible for graduation this year who wish to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering, surveying or a related field.
“I’m so proud that the City of Parkland started the scholarships many years ago,” said Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky. “It’s our way of recognizing students with outstanding and civic service.
The deadline to submit both of these applications is at 4:00 p.m. Friday. Mark your application Attn: Parkland Education Advisory Board Scholarship and bring it to Parkland City hall at 6600 North University Drive.
Educational Advisory Board Scholarship
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts