By: Jen Russon
Motorists traveling through Coral Springs can expect some delays and detours, as two northbound lanes on University Drive close for upgrades to their water and sewer lines, beginning Sunday.
The closures will be located from the intersection at University and Sample Road and continue just south of NW 40th Street, also known as Cardinal Road.
Part of a two-phase water service replacement project and lift station rehabilitation, the construction will take place each night from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday through Friday, March 27, weather permitting.
Southbound lanes will not be affected, and access is ensured to businesses and residential areas on Brokenwoods Drive and NW 37th Place, while NW 38th Street remains open.
As construction crews work at the intersections, detours will direct residents to alternate entrances off Sample Road. Minor sidewalk work may be performed during daytime hours.
For questions about this Coral Springs city improvement project, interested parties may contact Peter Dobens.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2020.05.19Marcel the Cookie Man to his Friends in Coral Springs: ‘Thank You… I Love You all’
- News2020.05.13Community Rallies around Beloved Sweet Tomatoes Server after Restaurant Closes
- News2020.05.07Panthers Softball Team Thanks Frontline Heroes in Heartwarming Video
- News2020.05.07Forest Glen Teachers Honored with ‘Teacher Appreciation’ Lunch