By Jill Fox
While many states are closing bars, restaurants and banning large gatherings to curb the spread of the COVID-19, a new report has been released on which ones are taking the most aggressive actions — and Florida ranks a disappointing 37th overall.
To identify which states are taking the most substantial actions to combat coronavirus, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in 35 different areas, ranging from tested cases of COVID-19 per capita and state legislation on the pandemic to the uninsured population and share of the workforce in affected industries.
In comparison, Florida is at the bottom, coming in 51st in state and local public health laboratories per capita.
Florida also ranked 46th in total Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) funding per capita, and 40th in public healthcare spending per capita, as well as population density.
While Florida ranked very low in those areas, Coral Springs residents may be relieved that it did come in second in aggressiveness towards its share of employment from small businesses. However, that only accounted for a mere 10 percent of the economic impact score, in which Florida ranked 45th.
Average findings included tested cases of COVID-19 per capita (24th), the share of workers with access to paid sick leave (34th), and public hospital system quality (36th).
State with the Most Aggressive Measures in Limiting Virus Exposure
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.22NutriFlo IV Lounge and Med Spa Brings IV Vitamin Therapy to Coral Springs
- News2020.11.19Basser’s Holds Special Tastings to Help ‘Wine Down’ Over the Holidays
- News2020.11.17Coral Springs Pest Control Company Appears on ‘Designing Spaces’
- News2020.11.17Free COVID-19 Testing Available at These Locations