By: Sharon Aron Baron
In the City of Coral Springs latest update, effective at 5 p.m. Tuesday, all nightclubs and bars are closed for 30 days by a declaration by Governor Ron DeSantis.
Also, the Governor has implemented a 50 percent capacity limitation on restaurants, with staggered or limited seating. It is encouraged to utilize take-out and delivery services, as restaurants are required to screen employees for symptoms.
The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that are experiencing economic damage as a result of COVID-19.
City Hall Services Update
One-Stop-Shop remains open for commercial permitting and water-billing payments only.
- All residential permitting has been suspended until further notice.
- The City will electronically process and issue residential permits that have already been approved.
- Contractors are encouraged to submit applications online.
- Residents are recommended to submit their water-billing payments online.
For questions related to permitting, please call our Building Department at 954-344-1025.
Additional City Updates
- All playgrounds are closed to the public, effective Wednesday, March 18.
- Parks will remain open during regular hours until further notice.
- All Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety classes, except for personal protective gear instruction classes, is suspended for the next two weeks.
- Many local gyms and fitness facilities have decided to close due to COVID-19. For information about those closures, residents are asked to contact the business directly.
- Mayor Scott Brook will host meetings by telephone on Friday, March 20, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment with our City Officials, please call 954-344-5911.
- Residents who wish to address the City Commission during the Wednesday, March 18 City Commission Meeting are asked to submit a public comment form to the City Clerk before the meeting.
The City of Coral Springs will continue to monitor information related to COVID-19 and will provide City updates accordingly. Please visit the Coral Springs website for information previously released and future communications. For instant updates and the latest news, follow the City of Coral Springs on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Questions related to COVID-19 should be directed to the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or by email at COVID-19@FLHealth.gov.
Residents of Broward County concerned they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms should call 954-412-7300 before travelling to any health care facility.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts