By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs City Commissioner Dan Daley has confirmed today that he is no longer a Republican.
Daley, 25 who had been a registered Republican since 2007, has changed his party affiliation to Democrat. Once working for the State Legislature for House Representative Ari Porth, Daley insists that he didn’t do it for any reason other than what was in his heart.
“I didn’t feel as comfortable in my skin anymore,” Daley told us. He was recently reelected unopposed, so it wasn’t for political reasons he states, as he isn’t up for reelection until 2018.
“I don’t share a lot of those beliefs,” he explained about the Republican party. Daley was one of the supporters behind-the-scenes for benefits of domestic partners for City employees and he also stated that while he is personally pro-life, he doesn’t believe government should be involved in those personal issues for women.
“As as former president of the Broward County Young Democrats, I welcome him to the Democrat Party.” said Coral Springs resident Carlos Verney.
Daley said he has already received the support of Congressman Ted Deutch.
Here is Dan Daley’s official Statement:
I find myself at a crossroads. Torn between what I feel and believe and what a party affiliation dictates. I switched from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party at the end of February. I switched without telling anyone (not even my mother) because I don’t think someone should be defined by party affiliation. I didn’t want to make a spectacle out of my decision and wanted to show that switching parties would not, and did not impact my ability to govern as a Coral Springs City Commissioner. I still have friends in the Republican Party, and while I respect their beliefs, I do not share all of them.
I look forward to joining the Democratic Party. I welcome the opportunity to join old friends and make new ones. Having had the opportunity to work for former State Representative Ari Porth, I feel comfortable and confident that I can find a home in the Democratic Party.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event