By: Sharon Aron Baron
Named after 18-year-old Meadow Pollack, whose young life was cut short by a gunman at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, is a playground dedicated to her in Coral Springs.
Located at Betti Stradling Park, construction is now underway for “Princess Meadow’s Playground.”
Meadow, who once dreamed of becoming an attorney and helping people was planning to attend Lynn University after graduation.
The new playground was funded through Meadow’s Movement, established by her family to construct a place for children to find enjoyment.
Through fundraisers and generous donations, more than $500,000 was collected to construct the playground, which includes the installation of new equipment, shade canopies, and safety surfacing. The construction is expected to last through November 2019, with a formal ribbon cutting to be announced.
In addition to Meadow’s Movement, partners in the project include Butters Construction & Development, Top Line Recreation, Ellemar Enterprises and the City of Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1