By: Sharon Aron Baron
Named after 18-year-old Meadow Pollack, whose young life was cut short by a gunman at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, is a playground dedicated to her in Coral Springs.
Located at Betti Stradling Park, construction is now underway for “Princess Meadow’s Playground.”
Meadow, who once dreamed of becoming an attorney and helping people was planning to attend Lynn University after graduation.
The new playground was funded through Meadow’s Movement, established by her family to construct a place for children to find enjoyment.
Through fundraisers and generous donations, more than $500,000 was collected to construct the playground, which includes the installation of new equipment, shade canopies, and safety surfacing. The construction is expected to last through November 2019, with a formal ribbon cutting to be announced.
In addition to Meadow’s Movement, partners in the project include Butters Construction & Development, Top Line Recreation, Ellemar Enterprises and the City of Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video