Warning: Music not appropriate for children
This video was shot at the Tamarac Skate park by Sunrise resident Austin Welker and features Josh Berrios on his BMX bike doing some pretty amazing tricks.
Josh Berrios is a sophomore at Coral Glades High School in Coral Springs and has been “BMXing” for four years. Although he lives in Coral Springs, he uses the Tamarac Skate park routinely.
Budding filmmaking Austin Welker, who enjoys rollerblading, is a Junior at Piper High School. He recently started filming and says it was great to have a chance to film Berrios and hopes to get a chance to film others from Atlantic bicycles, a sponsor of Berrios.
The official name of the Skate Park is the “Tamarac Skate Park,” but kids in the know call it the “Tamarac Free Park.” The reason why is because once they have registered (at no-charge) it’s absolutely free, unlike the skate park in Coral Springs which charges residents $3 and non-residents $7 each session. This is why the Tamarac Skate Park is so popular with so many skaters and there are no plans by the Parks and Recreation Department to change it.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home