By Matt Rothman
After a terrific run where the Coral Glades girls soccer team made regionals in 2020, the Jaguars hope to do the same as they head into the holidays with a 3-6 record.
On Monday, the soccer team recently came off a 6-2 loss against Cypress Bay High School but had an exciting 3-1 win against Everglades High School in their last game.
They also defeated Coral Springs Charter 1-0 for the first time in school history on December 2 after winning 12-0 for their first win earlier this season. The Jaguars were beaten by Pembroke Pines Charter, Western, Cooper City, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Cardinal Gibbons and were outscored 19-2 in those five games.
“Our team is continuing to grow together, said Head Coach Richard Denny. “We are enjoying the competition that the new tier has brought, and we’re excited about the 2nd half of the season.”
Next, the Jaguars will play their first game in 2022 against Fort Lauderdale High School on January 4 at 4 p.m. This season, the Flying L’s also have three wins and lost 1-0 in their last meeting against the Jaguars in 2019.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator