By: Matt Rothman
After having tremendous postseason runs this year, the season has ended for Coral Glades soccer after Regionals on February 16 and 17.
Girls soccer fell 4-0 to Boca Raton Community High School. Previously they defeated Deerfield Beach before falling to Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the District Final in the postseason. The Jaguars finished their season at 7-3-1.
For boys soccer, they were looking to repeat as District Champions and beat Monarch High School in their opening playoff game, but then dropped a heartbreaker to MSD in overtime in the District Final.
They still had a chance to compete in regionals and put up a valiant effort but fell 3-1 to Spanish River Community High School. Oliver Dominguez scored the lone goal as they competed against a team that has only lost once in 17 games this season.
Coral Glades finished their season at 9-4 as Giovanni Garcia scored 18 goals, and Simon Utera made 66 saves in net this season.
Both teams have many seniors graduating at the end of this season but return many key players for next year, hoping to continue their success.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro