By: Jen Russon
A second ALDI in Coral Springs — just four miles from the other — is in the final stages of construction at the Royal Eagle Plaza.
With plans to open this Spring, Chris Hewitt, vice president for Aldi’s Royal Palm Beach division, said that, although there is no exact date in March set for the grand opening, there’s a big reason to check it out now.
“We are actively hiring for the new store and encourage those interested to apply,” said Hewitt, who added ALDI is an award-winning employer and nationally recognized for its commitment to employees.
“We offer highly competitive wages and industry-leading benefits,” he said.
Owned by Albrecht Discounts, the same German company that now owns Trader Joe’s, ALDI employs 25,000 people across the United States. Built in a simple and efficient way, ALDI is on the small side for grocery stores, typically about 16,400 square feet in size. There is a 25 cents fee to use the shopping cart (refunded when returned) as well as a nominal charge for shopping bags at checkout if customers do not come with their own.
On Reuters, it was reported ALDI competes with other low-priced chains by offering their in-house brands, Clancy’s and Millville, among others. Products kept in the original packaging they were shipped in are just one of many ways ALDI cuts costs for shoppers, and those who love German products should keep an eye out for their in-brand label Deutsche Kuche.
The new location at 9184 Wiles Road is at the former location of Lucky’s Market,
To learn more about working at ALDI and search for job openings there, go to ALDI careers. For an official grand opening date, check back with Coral Springs Talk.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program
- Events2021.07.08Coral Springs Middle School Hosts ‘Stallion Stampede’ for Incoming Sixth Graders
- News2021.07.07Compassionate Neighbors Free Huge Iguana Caught in Fence