By Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Glades English teacher is one of five finalists for Broward County Public Schools Teacher of the Year.
On Friday, Superintendent Dr. Vickie L. Cartwright and School Board members, including Lori Alhadeff, who represents Coral Springs, visited teachers in their classrooms with the surprise announcement that they were a finalist.
Dr. Danielle Bradley, who teaches ninth grade Cambridge AICE, honors, and gifted English at Coral Glades, was selected.
According to Principal Dr. Mark Kaplan, “Dr. Bradley has a dynamic way of including students authentically in their own learning. She methodically plans her lessons and demonstrates an uncanny ability to make those lessons come alive for her students.”
Other Finalists Are:
- Otto Jessus Rodriquez is an 11th-grade science teacher at South Broward High School.
- Haley Shurack is a pre-K Exceptional Student Education teacher for the deaf and hard of hearing at Tropical Elementary School.
- Lashaundra Williams is a ninth – 12th- grade social science, U.S. history, and Advanced Placement psychology teacher at Hallandale High School.
- Jennifer Wilson is a sixth-grade language arts teacher at Tequesta Trace Middle School.
“I extend warm congratulations to all the Teachers of the Year and especially to the five finalists who work hard each day to ensure every student has access to a world-class education,” Cartwright said. “We celebrate and honor all of our incredible teachers who demonstrate unwavering dedication to engaging, encouraging, and inspiring our students.”
The District’s Teacher of the Year will be announced during the 2023 Caliber Awards Ceremony. The event takes place at Drive Pink Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on Friday, February 3, 2023, at 6 p.m.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs