Video by Candi Ford
By Sharon Aron Baron
Several children were nearly hit after a Coral Springs Police cruiser veered into the front yard of a Sunrise home.
Candi Ford, the parent of four children who were nearly hit, was thankful that her kids are still with her and she can hug them.
“I’m just thankful that it was caught on video and is getting something done.”
The incident occurred Wednesday morning as the children were waiting for the school bus along Northwest 85th Avenue and 25th Court, according to WSVN.
Chief Bradley McKeone issued a statement on Friday. He said they immediately began to review this matter, contacted the individual who sent the video, and met with the residents impacted by this incident.
“We were able to identify the officer who was driving the vehicle. That officer has been issued formal discipline. “
McKeone was thankful that no one was injured during this incident.
“To say that I am disappointed the officer did not check on everyone at the scene is an understatement.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs