An inclusion program called “Play Pal” is set to start in the fall in Broward County schools. The program, which was first implemented ten years ago at one of the schools, was first started by a autism coach. The video is a demonstration of this program which was filmed at Coral Park Elementary School in Coral Springs, Florida.
The Broward ESE (Exceptional Student Education) Advisory Board supports the idea behind the Play Pal program and believes that the expansion it will have a positive impact on the education of all special needs students.
The ESE says that the program benefits the children by having them learn social and communication skills as well as boost their self esteem. The ESE also believes that it will help with the bullying issues that have been happening frequently. More importantly, it would increase the level of acceptance of our children in the community.
The Broward ESE says they will be working very hard to make this project become reality throughout the schools.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.29Coral Springs Police Hold Annual Toy Drive Through December 15
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive