An inclusion program called “Play Pal” is set to start in the fall in Broward County schools. The program, which was first implemented ten years ago at one of the schools, was first started by a autism coach. The video is a demonstration of this program which was filmed at Coral Park Elementary School in Coral Springs, Florida.
The Broward ESE (Exceptional Student Education) Advisory Board supports the idea behind the Play Pal program and believes that the expansion it will have a positive impact on the education of all special needs students.
The ESE says that the program benefits the children by having them learn social and communication skills as well as boost their self esteem. The ESE also believes that it will help with the bullying issues that have been happening frequently. More importantly, it would increase the level of acceptance of our children in the community.
The Broward ESE says they will be working very hard to make this project become reality throughout the schools.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police