By: Chris Brunner
A man who robbed a Coral Springs bank today could be responsible for five other bank robberies recently in Broward County says authorities.
At 10:00 a.m. Tuesday morning a robber entered the SunTrust Bank Branch on 1890 N. University Drive in Coral Springs demanding money from a bank employee. Customers were inside, however there were no injuries. The man was caught on surveillance video, however, he was wearing a hoodie and his face was obscured with a mask. The FBI will not release the amount of money that was taken at this time.
They also believe that he was responsible for others in North Broward. One on March 27, at a Chase Bank Branch at 6001 North University Drive in Tamarac and another on March 16, at a TD Bank Branch in Tamarac along with two TD Bank branch robberies in January 7, and February 14, in Plantation.
If anyone has information, they are urged to call the FBI at 754-703-2000 or Crimestoppers.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only