By Ryan Yousefi
A Coral Springs eatery was recently ordered to stop serving customers after a health and food safety inspection discovered live roach activity in the store.
Healthy Delights Cafe, located at 5781 Coral Ridge Drive, was ordered to temporarily shut its doors on November 4 following the discovery of several health code violations, including the presence of live roaches in the dining area.
The temporary closure was prompted by an inspection conducted by health officials from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation who, during their visit, identified live roaches in various locations within the dining room.
The inspection report notes roach activity under the lettuce cooler behind the front make line in the dining room and inside a table in the dining room.
The discovery of live roaches on the premises led to immediate action, with Healthy Delights Cafe being issued a temporary closure notice.
Health officials will conduct a follow-up inspection to determine if the store is safe for customers and staff to return.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express