By: Matt Rothman
The postseason continued this week at both the high school and middle school levels.
Coming off their first District Championship in school history, the Coral Glades boys golf team finished Regionals with a team score of 317. Shannon Glynn also competed for the girls team
The Coral Springs Middle School boys’ golf team finished sixth with a score of 245 at the Don Circa Golf Tournament, held on Monday at the Country Club of Coral Springs.
Matthew Santos recorded the team’s lowest score, along with Daniel Ramirez, Atharva Anand, and Ayden Serrano. Shannon Glynn also competed for the girls team.
In swimming, Tawannah McLemore led J.P. Taravella, qualifying in two individual events along with one relay. She will compete in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke while swimming in the 200-yard freestyle with Giani Francis, Rwani Ceballos, and Caroline Gonzalez.
The boys also qualified in the 200-yard freestyle with Jayden Davis, Zane Samms, Miles Green, and Andres Garcia. They also took the final spot in the states in the 400-yard freestyle with Davis, Green, Mekhi Dawkins, and Zane Samms, while Green also qualified in the 50-yard freestyle.
At Regionals, Matthew Feuss, Julian Campos, Kenneth Rattray, Ethan Persten, Galen Tortorella, and Kaseem Petion represented Coral Glades despite not sending anyone to States.
Coral Springs Charter had 13 swimmers compete in Regionals, with Brian Hamilton, Anthony Palumbo, Jorge Aguila, John Albornoz, and Sebastian Rincon-Villegas from the boys team and Mariana Montes, Alejandra Gil-Restrepo, Addison Palumbo, Emma Baker, Sam Springer, Claire O’Connor and Grace Weeks swam for the girls.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year