By: Matt Rothman
The swim season is officially underway at Coral Springs Charter, with the boys team winning over Fort Lauderdale High School on August 29.
They went on to fall to St. Thomas Aquinas High School, with the girls losing to both schools but still had several swimmers place. The boys 200 medley relay team consisting of Anthony Palumbo, Jorge Aguila, Brian Hamilton, and John Albornoz came in second with 1:50:22 and third in the 400 freestyle at 3:37:09.
The girls 200 medley relay team of Amanda Robins, Addison Palumbo, Mariana Montes, and Emma Baker placed third with a time of 2.05.12. The 400 medley relay team of Emma Baker, Claire O’Connor, Molly Chaison, and Alejandra Gil-Restrepo also came in third at 4:15:34.
Individually, Mariana Montes finished second in the 200 individual medley and 100 butterfly, with Hamilton placing second in the 100 butterfly and third in the 100 freestyle. John Albornoz also finished second in the 500 freestyle, and Anthony finished third in the 100 backstroke.
Head Coach Sheri Wells was extremely proud of both her teams.
” We are young, and my hope is for the swimmers to not get discouraged,” Wells said. “It probably wasn’t our best meet, but we will step up and make some adjustments.”
Their next race will be on Wednesday when CSC competes against Fort Lauderdale and West Broward High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race