By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades has had a busy start to the sports season, with multiple teams competing this week.
The cross country team ran in the BCAA XC Week One Markham on Tuesday, led by a 13th-place finish from Allura Buelvas. Daylean Lainez came in 20th, while the boys top time came from Ali Abdallah at 19:36.2. Montrial Thomas placed 14th, with Anderson Jean Baptiste and King Thompson also racing.
The football team fell to 0-3 for the second straight season after losing against Miramar High School on Thursday. The Jaguars will try to get their first win on Thursday, September 14, at 7 p.m. The Gators beat J.P. Taravella for their first win of the season.
On the court, the volleyball team recorded their third straight win on Friday with a five-set win over Everglades High School. They started the season 0-2 but beat West Broward High School on August 31 before recording another win on Tuesday against Deerfield Beach High School.
They will play their next match on Monday, September 11, against Fort Lauderdale High School. The Flying L’s are 2-3 with wins over Coral Springs High School and South Plantation.
Bowling is also underway, with the boys going 4-4 through their first eight matches. They are averaging a team score of 280, while the girls are 8-0 and are at 720 per round. The Jaguars also competed in a swim meet at Weston, while the golf team, which came off a big win against St. Thomas Aquinas High School, is set to resume action this week against Piper and Western.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race