By Agrippina Fadel
In a proactive move to combat identity theft and promote secure document disposal, the Coral Springs Police Department is holding a free, touchless Shredathon event.
Held on Saturday, September 16, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Sportsplex, the event is a partnership with Shred Monkeys.
Residents can bring three cardboard boxes or reusable bins per vehicle for free and up to three additional boxes with a $5 donation per box. Donations benefit the Police Explorer Program.
Plastic or garbage bags are not accepted, and residents must ensure no trash or other items, such as plastic or metal rings, binders, or clamps in boxes.
Boxes and bins cannot be larger than 15x12x10 and must be in the trunk or an area easily accessible.
The Shredathon is a first come, first served event, and once the maximum allotment has been reached, no other paperwork will be accepted. Upon arrival at the event, all residents must place their driver’s licenses on the front dashboard.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for a later date. For more information, call 954-346-1311. The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- EventsSeptember 28, 2023Kickstart Your Holiday Shopping Early with Local Craft Shows in Coral Springs
- EventsSeptember 27, 2023St. Andrew Catholic Church Seeks Vendors for Annual Holiday Bazaar and Craft Show
- EventsSeptember 14, 2023High Schoolers Can Earn Service Hours While Cleaning Up Broward County’s Beaches
- Crime & SafetySeptember 11, 2023Protect Your Identity at Coral Springs’ Free Shredathon