By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter boys basketball took the floor for the first time in the new year.
The Panthers started the season out 0-7, then won three straight games, however, while they were looking for the fourth for the first time since the 2018-19 season, the Panthers fell to Calvary Christian Academy Gold on Tuesday.
Despite this, the team has been getting significant contributions from multiple players of late. Senior Jaiden Gasper is currently leading the team in points. He has scored 29 points three times this year. Jordan Heffernan and Camden Fearon are averaging nearly ten per game, and Jalen McGregor, John Heffernan, Chanse Fearon, Aiden Lev, Ramon Kwan, and Michael Chin all have scored under second-year Head Coach Francis Thomas.
Next, CSC looks to start a new win streak against Northeast High School on Wednesday, Jan. 11, at 7:30 p.m. The Hurricanes are 8-3 this year and have won five of their last six games. Their only losses this year came against Coral Glades, South Plantation, and Pompano Beach High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament