By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter Cheerleader Gianna Pappalardo was recently awarded the Spirit of Sport Cheerleading Award at the Broward County Athletic Association All-Star Game.
Teammate Lexi Doverspike joined her after spending the season as a cheerleader for the CSC football team.
“It meant a lot to win the award,” Pappalardo said. “Spirit and motions is something that we work on a lot at charter, and I always like to have a positive attitude with high energy. To be recognized by someone other than my coaches meant a lot.”
Pappalardo, who graduates this spring, began dancing at age three and cheer in sixth grade for the middle school program and transitioned to the varsity team. She was also a member of the CSC Key Club and DECA Organizations and started coaching the middle school cheerleading program.
She plans to become a physical therapist. After graduating high school, Pappalardo plans to attend Florida Atlantic University next summer and major in exercise science.
Being close to home, Pappalardo says she will attend games and practices at Coral Springs Charter while deciding if she wants to compete in college.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator