By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Department of Budget and Strategy was recognized as one of only 31 local government organizations in the nation to receive the ICMA Certificate of Excellence for 2021.
Criteria for recognition from the International City/County Management Association, include exemplary data collection and verification, training and support, public reporting, accountability and process improvement, networking, and leadership.
In a press release from the city, the certificate is the highest level of recognition for exemplary performance management processes.
“Regardless of the challenges faced during an unprecedented global pandemic, our city remained committed to what is deemed as the foundation of professionalism in government through performance management,” said City Manager Frank Babinec.
He added the Budget and Strategy Team remained steadfast in developing, achieving, and reporting on the city’s strategic priorities.
“Thanks to the leadership of Assistant City Manager Catherine Givens, it’s that level of commitment that allows our organization to make informed decisions that best meet the needs of our community now and in the future.”
Receiving any of the certificate levels: Excellence (highest level), Distinction, and Achievement requires the leadership and staff to subscribe to a notion of a high-performing organization.
Founded in 1914, ICMA creates and supports thriving communities worldwide, according to their website.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway