By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter School Cheerleading team wrapped up a memorable season with a run to Nationals in Orlando held at the World Wide of Sports.
The group finished ninth out of 36 teams in the nation for their Gameday Division and 11 in their routine.
“I am very impressed with our overall growth as a team this year, said Head Coach Rachal Garris. “We have high expectations for our cheerleaders. We ask them to be strong students, athletes, ambassadors, leaders, and teammates. This team worked all season to represent themselves, their school, and their community with pride.”
During their run this year, they earned a District and Regional Win before placing fourth in the State Competition at the University of Florida.
Garris is excited to be returning the majority of the team next year and can’t wait to see what another year of hard work will bring while recognizing the great seniors who set many school records during their time on the team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2021.04.16Coral Glades Jemina Mills Finishes Top 5 in Three Track and Field Events at Districts