By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter School Cheerleading team wrapped up a memorable season with a run to Nationals in Orlando held at the World Wide of Sports.
The group finished ninth out of 36 teams in the nation for their Gameday Division and 11 in their routine.
“I am very impressed with our overall growth as a team this year, said Head Coach Rachal Garris. “We have high expectations for our cheerleaders. We ask them to be strong students, athletes, ambassadors, leaders, and teammates. This team worked all season to represent themselves, their school, and their community with pride.”
During their run this year, they earned a District and Regional Win before placing fourth in the State Competition at the University of Florida.
Garris is excited to be returning the majority of the team next year and can’t wait to see what another year of hard work will bring while recognizing the great seniors who set many school records during their time on the team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- Schools2021.01.14After 14 Offers Coral Glades Defensive Tackle Faud Rivas Makes College Pick
- News2021.01.11Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer in Quarantine After COVID Exposure
- News2021.01.10Coral Glades Star Wide Receiver Commits to Play College Football in Fall 2021