By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter School Cheerleading team wrapped up a memorable season with a run to Nationals in Orlando held at the World Wide of Sports.
The group finished ninth out of 36 teams in the nation for their Gameday Division and 11 in their routine.
“I am very impressed with our overall growth as a team this year, said Head Coach Rachal Garris. “We have high expectations for our cheerleaders. We ask them to be strong students, athletes, ambassadors, leaders, and teammates. This team worked all season to represent themselves, their school, and their community with pride.”
During their run this year, they earned a District and Regional Win before placing fourth in the State Competition at the University of Florida.
Garris is excited to be returning the majority of the team next year and can’t wait to see what another year of hard work will bring while recognizing the great seniors who set many school records during their time on the team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 202310 Coral Springs Athletes Selected to BCAA All-Star Football Game
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday