By: Sharon Aron Baron
Last year, in an effort to promote literacy in reading, members of the Coral Springs Charter School soccer program held a book drive to help local children which resulted in over 1,200 books being collected. Many of them were donated to local organizations or simply given away to the public.
This year, they have another goal: collecting “gently used” soccer equipment for several worthy charitable organizations.
A donation box is now located in the Charter School lobby where used shin guards, soccer cleats, lightly used Charter School uniforms, protective head-gear, referee equipment, soccer balls, training goals, training cones, pinnies, GK uniforms and gloves, corner flags may be deposited.
Howard Furman, director of soccer operations, thanked the administration for supporting the project.
“While organized by the soccer program, we hope that the entire Coral Springs Charter School family, as well as the surrounding communities that support the school, will also engage in this wonderful project.”
The drive ends on Friday, December 14. If donors have larger quantities, or where delivery would be burdensome, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a convenient pickup, or if they have any questions. Financial donations can also be made payable to: Coral Springs Charter School Athletics – Used Equipment Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 27, 2024Coral Springs Man Charged in $97 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme