By: Sharon Aron Baron
Last year, in an effort to promote literacy in reading, members of the Coral Springs Charter School soccer program held a book drive to help local children which resulted in over 1,200 books being collected. Many of them were donated to local organizations or simply given away to the public.
This year, they have another goal: collecting “gently used” soccer equipment for several worthy charitable organizations.
A donation box is now located in the Charter School lobby where used shin guards, soccer cleats, lightly used Charter School uniforms, protective head-gear, referee equipment, soccer balls, training goals, training cones, pinnies, GK uniforms and gloves, corner flags may be deposited.
Howard Furman, director of soccer operations, thanked the administration for supporting the project.
“While organized by the soccer program, we hope that the entire Coral Springs Charter School family, as well as the surrounding communities that support the school, will also engage in this wonderful project.”
The drive ends on Friday, December 14. If donors have larger quantities, or where delivery would be burdensome, they can email [email protected] to arrange for a convenient pickup, or if they have any questions. Financial donations can also be made payable to: Coral Springs Charter School Athletics – Used Equipment Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show