By: Sharon Aron Baron
Last year, in an effort to promote literacy in reading, members of the Coral Springs Charter School soccer program held a book drive to help local children which resulted in over 1,200 books being collected. Many of them were donated to local organizations or simply given away to the public.
This year, they have another goal: collecting “gently used” soccer equipment for several worthy charitable organizations.
A donation box is now located in the Charter School lobby where used shin guards, soccer cleats, lightly used Charter School uniforms, protective head-gear, referee equipment, soccer balls, training goals, training cones, pinnies, GK uniforms and gloves, corner flags may be deposited.
Howard Furman, director of soccer operations, thanked the administration for supporting the project.
“While organized by the soccer program, we hope that the entire Coral Springs Charter School family, as well as the surrounding communities that support the school, will also engage in this wonderful project.”
The drive ends on Friday, December 14. If donors have larger quantities, or where delivery would be burdensome, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a convenient pickup, or if they have any questions. Financial donations can also be made payable to: Coral Springs Charter School Athletics – Used Equipment Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.22Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older