By: Matt Rothman
There has been no school that has had as much success in the Tri-County Championships as Coral Springs Charter. After winning first place in bowling, securing third place in cross country, they can now add a second-place finish in volleyball.
The Panthers fell to Suncoast Community High School in four sets; however, they previously beat Alexander W Dreyfoos High School and North Miami after losing in the first round to Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the Big 8 Championships.
Olivia Panico and Alex Bruno have been two of the most dominant players in Broward County. They finished as the top two Panthers in kills. Defensively, Sarah Henault has been terrific, and Sydney Mills has had been a blocking machine from the front row.
Sidney Berthiaume, Britney Stella and Stephanie Basso, Katelyn Bilz and Kirsten Worley round out the team as the Panthers had a terrific regular season and should only improve next year as are expected to return their entire roster for 2021.
Bilz and Panico are the only juniors on the team as the rest consists of underclassmen and a handful of junior varsity players who came to the Tri-County Championships.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.24Coral Glades High School Cheerleading Team Earn 3rd In States
- News2021.01.22Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Finish 2nd in States
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals