By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter Cross Country completed a terrific regular season with their third-place finish in the Tri-County Championships.
The Panthers qualified as a team and just missed out on second place with Katie Foster, Ashley Diaz, Abby Foster, Marissa Micioni, and Mackenzie Maniscalco, all finishing in the top-20.
Head Coach Kate Hearn was thrilled with the way her team at this Tri-County Championship.
“The race really validated the great season our girls had,” Hearn said. “The competition here is extremely talented and really is comparable to what our typical Regional race would consist of. Taking third place here is a huge accomplishment, and I am extremely proud of these girls.”
Katie led the team and placed in third place overall with a time of 22.59. Diaz finished just seconds later at 23.09 while Katie’s sister, Abigail, followed with a time of 23.16. Micioni came in 17th place while Mackenzie Maniscalco became the fifth Panthers to finish in the top-20.
The race was won by Dillard High School, who had four of their racers place in the top-five, while Northeast High School came in second place.
Ryan Head was the lone Panther to qualify on the boy’s side and finished 12th overall.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.24Coral Glades High School Cheerleading Team Earn 3rd In States
- News2021.01.22Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Finish 2nd in States
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals