By Kevin Maher
Looking for a fun and social activity to do on Monday evenings? Come join the Coral Springs community for a free chess meet-up. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, all skill levels and ages are welcome to attend.
“It’s a great way for participants to meet other enthusiasts,” Wilson said. “Lots of people play online, but it’s not the same as when you’re playing face-to-face with someone.”
The weekly event takes place on December 26 and January 2, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Panera Bread, located at 2015 N. University Dr. It is encouraged to bring your own chess set, but they are available for use.
Interested participants can attend the meet-up, visit the 954chess website, and RSVP there. A separate competitive club is available for higher-level chess players and can be found here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- Events2023.01.30Mental Wellness Networking Alliance Hosts Super Sunday Jazz Brunch
- Events2022.12.29FREE: Join the Coral Springs Chess Craze: Meet-Up for Players of All Levels
- Events2022.12.20Join the Coral Springs Chess Craze: Free Meet-Up for Players of All Levels
- News2022.10.15Oktoberfest Returns to Coral Springs Oct 15