By: Sharon Aron Baron
After its debut in September, the Coral Springs Green Market has been a success with residents looking for delicious fresh foods, or just enjoying a day our in the neighborhood.
“The green market is something that citizens have asked for for a long time and I’m glad we’ve been able to deliver the market for them,” said Vice Mayor Tom Powers. “This is done at no expense to the city, but we’ve cooperated with the private sector to bring this to the city. This helps to spark our downtown district.”
Jason Hershin, CEO of Greenmarket Events says they are now close to 100 vendors, and this weekend they are adding even more to the mix. On Saturday, they will have a new jumbo organic produce vendor bringing even more fruits and vegetables to the market. Also, there will be Jamaican cuisine, more bakery items and a barbecue pit serving pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, and chicken.
Exercise fans will love the Zumba and yoga instruction and there will be a face painter on hand for the children.
The Green Market runs every Saturday year-round from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Market is located in Downtown Coral Springs, at 9400 W. Sample Road.
You can still become a vendor or a sponsor, visit ShopGreenMarkets.com or call 561-929-0237.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.16Tiny Meat Gang: The Global Domination Tour Heads to Coral Springs
- News2019.11.143 Coral Springs Schools Earn Five-Star Award from Florida Department of Education
- News2019.11.14New Building May Offer Fresh Beginning at Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Crime & Safety2019.11.13Sheriff Gregory Tony Announces Campaign Kick-off Fundraiser