By: Sharon Aron Baron
More than 300 Broward County public high school students, including one from Coral Springs, will start college with a scholarship thanks to the Broward Education Foundation.
Mahnor Khan from Coral Springs High School received a $1,000 scholarship to attend Florida Atlantic University, where she will study biological sciences as a pre-med major.
More than $1.5 million in college scholarships, ranging from $500 to tuition for four years, were awarded to deserving seniors during Broward Education Foundation’s 2019 Scholarship Award Ceremony.
“Each year, this event highlights the determination of our students to reach for their dreams,” said Broward Education Foundation Executive Director Shea Ciriago. “We also see firsthand the unwavering commitment to education by our donors and Broward Education Foundation’s impact on student achievement. We applaud the hard work, motivation, and dedication of these scholarship recipients.”
Over the last 35 years, Broward Education Foundation, in partnership with the School Board of Broward County, local universities, businesses and community leaders, has awarded more than 6,100 scholarships, totaling more than $15 million.
“With these scholarships, we provide Broward County Public School graduating seniors who have the desire to continue their educational journey with the opportunity to fulfill that dream,” Ciriago added. “Broward Education Foundation will continue to be adept, agile, and responsive to shifting needs in education and our community.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday