By: Chris Brunner
Florida loses more children under age five to drowning than any other state. Every year in Florida, enough children to fill three to four preschool classrooms drown who do not live to see their fifth birthday.
The City of Coral Springs will be hosting a Water Safety Fun Day where residents can participate in entertaining and educational water safety activities, watch real-time scenarios and demonstrations and learn about resources available to help make their home water-safe. There will also be pool fun, music and food items available for purchase.
This free event will be held Saturday, September 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cypress Park Pool located at 1300 Coral Springs Drive. Map it.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- NewsApril 16, 2020Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- NewsApril 6, 2020Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- NewsSeptember 25, 2019Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- NewsSeptember 23, 2019Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed