By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s better late than never to head over to the newly renovated Parkland Splash Park that was originally set to open over the summer.
Delayed due to the wait for health certifications, the new opening date will be on Sunday, August 28, and will begin with a ribbon cutting with the city commission at 8:30 a.m.
Located inside of Liberty Park, the new Parkland Splash Park replaces the former water play area built in 1997. According to City Spokesperson Todd DeAngelis, new features include a “freedom boat,” which is also a small water slide, and is the main showpiece of the splash pad. The park also includes a silo with four showers, a palm tree shower and two water cannons. The Parkland Splash Park also reclaims all the water through two drains and pumps it through a sophisticated filtration system, then recycles it.
Residents will be thrilled with the cost to use the park. “There is no fee for the use of the park,” said Parkland Mayor Michael Udine.
Liberty Park is located at 9200 Ranch Rd, Parkland, FL 33067, near Barkland Dog Park.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event