By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s better late than never to head over to the newly renovated Parkland Splash Park that was originally set to open over the summer.
Delayed due to the wait for health certifications, the new opening date will be on Sunday, August 28, and will begin with a ribbon cutting with the city commission at 8:30 a.m.
Located inside of Liberty Park, the new Parkland Splash Park replaces the former water play area built in 1997. According to City Spokesperson Todd DeAngelis, new features include a “freedom boat,” which is also a small water slide, and is the main showpiece of the splash pad. The park also includes a silo with four showers, a palm tree shower and two water cannons. The Parkland Splash Park also reclaims all the water through two drains and pumps it through a sophisticated filtration system, then recycles it.
Residents will be thrilled with the cost to use the park. “There is no fee for the use of the park,” said Parkland Mayor Michael Udine.
Liberty Park is located at 9200 Ranch Rd, Parkland, FL 33067, near Barkland Dog Park.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs