By Ryan Yousefi
A man was arrested after an altercation with his girlfriend in a Chick-fil-A parking lot turned violent, leaving a woman fearing for her life and a man in Broward County jail.
Anthony Millington, 24, was arrested and charged with domestic battery by strangulation after his girlfriend was able to escape the vehicle where the assault took place.
According to the report, the Coral Springs Police Department received a domestic assault in progress on July 3 at 5:25 p.m. and responded to the parking lot at 1341 North University Drive — which is just outside Chick-fil-A.
There, police encountered a woman who claimed Millington had reached from the backseat, put her in a headlock, and said, “Go to sleep,” while strangling her.
The woman, identified as Millington’s’ girlfriend in the report, claims her mother was driving the vehicle at the time of the assault. According to her statement, she and Millington were in the midst of a verbal confrontation.
As the assault grew more serious, the victim told Millington she would call the police, which angered him. The victims’ mother claims she attempted to stop the assault but was driving at the time, so she pulled into the Chick-fil-A parking lot. From there, Millington eventually fled the scene.
The report says once the car pulled over, the argument continued until Millington jumped out of the vehicle and headed on foot northbound on University Drive. When officers arrived, the victim and her mother gave police an account of what happened.
Millington was located shortly after and was placed into custody and later transported to the Broward County Jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.10.22Woman Arrested For Domestic Assault After Breaking In Coral Springs Home
- News2020.10.15Coral Springs Police Arrest Man for Assault After he Refused to Leave Restaurant
- News2020.10.0619-Year-Old Arrested For Battery on a Coral Springs Police Officer
- News2020.09.21Coral Springs Police Arrest Woman for Domestic Battery After Hitting, Biting Boyfriend