By Hank McCoy
A man is in custody after his girlfriend alleges he filmed himself performing oral sex on his two-year-old son, then sent her the video.
On June 28, the girlfriend of Daunte Javon Beck-Moon, 32, whose name wasn’t disclosed, told Coral Springs Police in a sworn statement that Beck-Moon had sexually abused his son, and sent the video to her through the social media application WhatsApp.
The video showed Beck-Moon allegedly performing oral sex on his son for about six seconds. The girlfriend claims the video was taken in their bedroom because of the bedsheets and surrounding decor in the background of the video.
The child’s biological mother, who’s name was also not disclosed, was able to confirm that, it was in fact Beck-Moon in the video because she recognized the comic book t-shirt he was seen wearing. She was also able to identify Beck-Moon by his facial features, a birthmark under his nose, his prescription eyeglasses, and a tattoo on his arm.
The girlfriend also confirmed to the police that there weren’t any babies living in the home.
Beck-Moon was arrested for engaging in a sexual act with a person under the age of 12, promoting a sexual act by someone under the age of eighteen, and an in-state transmission of child pornography. He chose not to provide a statement regarding the pending charges.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.10.09Sale of City Property Leads to Redevelopment of Village Square in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.05Coral Springs Welcomes First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- News2020.10.01Surf’s Up! Coral Springs Could See Big Waves with One of a Kind Surf Park
- News2020.09.29Former Coral Springs Resident Charged with Cryptocurrency Fraud Caught in Austria