By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Mayor Skip Campbell had hip replacement surgery, and according to his doctors, he will need up to six weeks to recover.
“Although I am unable to physically attend meetings and events in the near future, I plan to remain fully-engaged in city operations via phone and email,” he said in a statement to Coral Springs Talk.
Campbell wanted to thank residents, business owners and city employees who learned of his surgery, and reached out to express their well-wishes on his speedy recovery.
Elected as mayor in 2014, then reelected in 2016, Campbell served as a member of the Florida Senate from 1996 to 2006. He is a board-certified civil trial lawyer and partner at Krupnick Campbell and a proud University of Florida Gator.
“As your mayor, I recognize the importance of transparency and wanted to explain my absence. I look forward to returning to the daïs very soon.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12