By: Sharon Aron Baron
The economic impact COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on the business community and the City of Coral Springs wants to help small businesses who are affected recover from the crisis.
Grant assistance is now available through the Coral Springs Back in Business Grant Program to support the local business community with opportunities designed to address their reopening needs during this crisis.
The city has allocated $250,000 to award grants in the amount of $1,000 to small businesses within the city.
Kristi Bartlett, Director of Economic Development said during this very challenging and overwhelming time, it is important to listen to the needs of our business community and do everything possible to help them overcome the economic impacts as a result of this pandemic.”
“Local businesses are the backbone of communities. It is our responsibility to do all we can to assist our business community recover from this crisis,” said Bartlett.
The funds were allocated from the Business Incentive Program and Economic Development operating budget. The grant program is available for businesses with more than three and less than 50 employees, who possess a current business tax license in the city and no open code violations.
The $250,000 grant is one of the many ideas developed by the Economic Development Task Force. Members of the task force represent all areas of commerce in Coral Springs and strongly encourage the city to allocate funding through additional grant awards. For more information call the Business Hotline: 954-344-5772.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch