By Sharon Aron Baron
Residents suffering financial hardship can apply for mortgage assistance through the City of Coral Springs.
As part of the Community Block Grant Program, the city received a federal funding allocation from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to provide mortgage assistance for homeowners.
If granted, assistance will be provided for past-due mortgage payments, escrow, or other fees from April 1, 2020, until now. Financial assistance must be paid directly to the service provider/lender and is limited to a maximum award of $10,000 per homeowner.
To be eligible, residents must own a home in Coral Springs, and provide documentation about the loss of income, reduction in employment hours, or unemployment, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which contributed to missed mortgage payments, escrow, or HOA payments. View other eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet gross annual incomes not exceeding 80% of Area Median Income (AMI) limits established by HUD for the jurisdiction of Broward County.
To apply, print (single-sided) in color application. Complete the application in blue or black ink and make copies of all required documentation. If unable to print, the application will be made available at City Hall. Download application.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.12.05Pets of the Week: Curtis and Gin Are Seeking their Forever Families
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Chaplain Awarded 2021 ‘Chaplain of the Year’
- Events2021.12.01Nominate a Coral Springs Business for a 2022 Excellence Awards
- Events2021.12.01Literary Guest Speakers Announced for 2022 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts