Coral Springs Police arrested a female in connection with an arson that occurred at a Medical Office on June 11, 2012.
Last June 2012, Coral Springs Police officers responded to a structure fire at 9750 NW 33rd Street. During the search of the building an unconscious female was found inside one of the medical suites. The female was transported to Broward Health Coral Springs for smoke inhalation.
During the investigation into the Arson the female gave a statement that she was attacked and sexually assaulted by a subject who came into the office looking for prescription drugs. After the sexual assault the female stated she was left unconscious in the burning building.
After a lengthy investigation by Coral Springs Police Department Special Victim’s Unit detectives, and Arson detectives, it was determined that the alleged victim changed her story multiple times and there were no injuries or evidence to support any of the claims that she made. After reviewing cell phone records, speaking with various witnesses, and reviewing all of the evidence, detectives determined the alleged victim was the person responsible for setting the office on fire.
The female, identified as Teresa Bennett, 40, of Coral Springs, was arrested and charged with arson and also possession of a controlled substance.
Bennett was booked at Coral Springs Police Department, and later transferred to Broward County Jail on $10,000.00 Bond.
Anyone with information reference this case is asked to contact Detective M. Savasta of the Coral Springs Police Department at (954)346-1773.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime