By: Chris Brunner
It’s never too late to make your home safe and secure and the Coral Springs Police is offering a way to do just that with the Secure Home program.
Offered by the Broward Sheriff’s Office for business and residential property for several years, now Coral Springs residents will have the same opportunity when Certified Crime Prevention Police Officers visit their home.
Here’s how it works: the security survey starts at the front door and includes an inspection of doors, windows, locks, lighting, landscaping and vehicles. Officers will provide the homeowner with recommendations to reduce the opportunity for crime. This Residential Security Survey is free and kept completely confidential.
“The Secure Home program is one more crime prevention initiative our department has implemented to not only interact on a personal level with residents, but also empower them to better secure their homes and property,” said Captain Bradley McKeone. “Since announcing this program last week, we have had 50 residents sign up for a residential security survey.”
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’