By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police officers provided their own body cam video are being accused of using excessive force after an arrest
According to WPLG, who has a video shot by a witness, CSPD pushed a man to the ground and landed a punch that concerned the witness.
In a statement from CSPD, the officers were responding to a domestic violence incident in the parking lot of 11910 W. Sample Road, when the male, Chris Nobles, did not comply with officers’ directions to stay in the vehicle.
He continued not to follow multiple verbal directions given by the responding officers. Officers approached Nobles and asked him to turn around, and he refused. At this time, officers turned Nobles around and attempted to place him in custody; however, Nobles immediately resisted and attempted to strike the officer with his left arm. Officers then took Nobles to the ground and placed him into custody without further incident.
The following day, CSPD received a call from a concerned resident who stated they had a video of officers using excessive force while making an arrest. A supervisor spoke with the resident several times, attempting to get the additional information and a copy of the video. The resident, who was initially cooperative, then refused to provide the video and advised they needed to speak with their attorney.
According to CSPD, “We take any matter seriously, especially ones that claim excessive force.”
The Coral Springs Police Department immediately reviewed all available reports and provided a body camera video. They also reached out to a local reporter who had a copy of the video. After reviewing all of the evidence available, they determined at this time there is no violation of law or policy that has been presented.
This story has been updated.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution