By Ryan Yousefi
A Coral Springs Publix was recently ordered a “stop-use” order after a state inspection discovered multiple health violations, including the presence of live roaches in the deli area.
Following a February 22 inspection by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the Coral Springs Publix located at 2201 North University Drive was ordered to stop using the entire backroom deli area after inspectors found live inspects.
The inspection report noted that live roaches were observed crawling on the deli backroom floor, on the wall, over three compartment sinks, and inside the circuit breaker box.
The inspection report listed nine violations, including the dusty fan guards and ceiling in the dairy walk-in cooler and internal temperature violations of the grilled chicken pasta salad and crab salad in the salad bar.
According to the inspector’s report, Publix must first clear all merchandise and clean and sanitize the affected areas before a “stop-use” order is lifted.
The report also added no other merchandise might be added to the storage area, or a “Broken Stop-use” order would be issued. A follow-up inspection would determine if evidence of a pest infestation persists.
The report warned additional stop-use orders would be applied for receiving areas if the issue was not resolved.
A full copy of the report can be found here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2023.03.21Eat Mor Chikin’, Have Less Beef: Woman Arrested for Pulling Gun at Chick-fil-A Drive-Thru
- Eat2023.03.21Coral Springs Mediterranean Restaurant Faces 11 Health and Safety Violations Following State Inspection
- Crime & Safety2023.03.20Walmart Employee Takes ‘Rollback Prices’ Too Seriously, Charged with Grand Theft
- Eat2023.03.18Ocean One Grille Ordered Shut Down By State Inspectors After 14 Violations Discovered