By: Sharon Aron Baron
One Coral Springs writer who has just published his second novel by a New York publishing house describes it as a “historic romance with humor.”
Rich Wickliffe’s latest book called Memories of Holly Woode has been described by readers as a cross between Forrest Gump and The Notebook, with true history, humor and insight.
Wickliffe, a Coral Springs resident since 1976, first moved to The Dells, and today resides in Hidden Hammock. He says he writes at home, spending time plot-planning in his head as he encounters many interesting and odd things he finds in South Florida.
His latest novel tells the story of a woman who believes her marriage and life are dull until she meets a charming old man who claims he traveled the globe in adventures with the most beautiful woman in the world, Holly Woode. With enlightening twists, the young lady learns to view her life in a new light.
Wickliffe originally wrote the era-shifting saga as a movie screenplay where it was a nominee in HBO’s Project Greenlight.
“As a movie fan, I try to envision everything I write as a possible movie.”
“Memories of Holly Woode” was just recorded as an audio book. His crime thriller “Tropical Windfall,” was also recorded as an audio book for anyone who’d rather listen than read.
“No matter what your taste, either book will have something for everyone,” promises Wickliffe.
Wickliffe graduated from Coral Springs High School, and along with his wife Anthea and three children, chose to live in the city due to the great family-friendly atmosphere and nearby parks.
Readers can learn more at www.RichWickliffe.com.The books are available in all formats at Amazon.com or from their favorite bookseller. Published by Library Tales Publishing Group, New York.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’