By: Sharon Aron Baron
In what could be called an entertaining workout routine, a Coral Springs resident has invented ‘Prancercise’ which involves a ‘springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse’s gait and ideally induced by elation,’ according to the website for the routine. Break.com posted this yesterday and has already received over 20,000 hits.
Joanna Rohrback of Coral Springs demonstrates the prancing movement with a pair of ankle weights in a hilarious video that has gone viral, giving Prancercise a lot of attention on the Internet, more than when it was invented more than two decades ago.
Rohrback, who sells the book on Amazon, graduated from Westchester Community College with an Associates in Science degree and attended The University of Miami School of Nursing. She went on to graduate Florida Atlantic University receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Health Services. She worked as a Social Worker for the State of Florida for several years and then a Realtor. Joanna created the Prancercise Program in 1989, which (thankfully!) she copyrighted.
Said on reviewer on Amazon: “This book finally let me experience my inner-horse. I was like a child again, prancing through the woods. At one point, I was convinced I had 4 legs. A smile radiated from my face. I punched the sky, knowing that I was free.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch
- News2021.03.01First Church Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Saturday
- News2021.03.01Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution March 3