By Sharon Aron Baron
Residents of Coral Springs and drivers should be aware of the upcoming road construction on NW 87th Avenue. This project, which is set to begin on March 6 and finish on May 4, is aimed at improving the roadway between Wiles Road and NW 44th Court.
Funded by the gas tax and State grants from the Florida Department of Transportation, the project is extensive and will involve several improvements to the roadway. These include the transformation of Wiles Road from a four-lane to a six-lane divided roadway. This will increase the capacity of the road, making it safer and more efficient for drivers.
In addition, a new stormwater management system will be installed to help prevent flooding and reduce the risk of damage to the roadway. Signalization improvements will also be done throughout the corridor to improve traffic flow and reduce the risk of accidents.
To enhance visibility and safety, new lighting conduits and conductors will be installed along the road. Finally, a new landscape and irrigation system will be added to improve the aesthetic appeal of the area and help to maintain the newly constructed roadway.
During the construction period, NW 87th Avenue will be closed between Wiles Road and NW 44th Court. All eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured, so drivers should plan for alternative routes and allow extra time for their journeys. The attached map will provide more information on the detour route.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2023.03.16Coral Springs and Parkland Students Take Center Stage at Annual Teen Political Forum
- Events2023.03.15Get Egg-cited for the Hoppin’ Into Springs Egg Hunt in Coral Springs
- Events2023.03.14Coral Springs Welcomes Return of Lisa’s Run for Hope 5K/12K Run/Walk
- Events2023.03.14Experience a Weekend of Art, Music and Culture at the 17th Annual Festival of the Arts