The City of Coral Springs is seeking to commission an art piece that celebrates its 50th Anniversary. This Call to Artists is emphasizing the City of Coral Springs’ desire to commission and purchase artwork that represents its young, family-oriented community and depicts the city’s mission as the premier city to live, work and raise a family.
The project is open to any professional visual artist with experience implementing their ideas and works in the public realm and meet the requirements of the Public Art Guidelines. Artist or Professional Artist means a practitioner in the visual arts, generally recognized by critics and peers as a professional of serious intent and ability. South Florida artists are encouraged to apply.
The City of Coral Springs Public Art Program is requesting concept proposals for a distinct location within the City of Coral Springs. The budget amount of $75,000 is intended to purchase artwork for the proposed location at the east entrance on Atlantic Boulevard. Proposals by both single artist and/or teams of artists will be accepted. No tax dollars are used toward purchasing public art in Coral Springs. All financing comes from a fee charged to developers who have projects larger than 12,500 square feet.
Deadline for Proposals is September 1, 2012.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Laura Atria at 954-344-1114 or by e-mail at [email protected].
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show