By Ryan Yousefi
The victim’s family of a fatal shooting incident in Coral Springs has established a GoFundMe campaign to send her remains to her home country and provide care for the daughter she leaves behind.
As previously reported by Coral Springs Talk, the tragic incident unfolded on Tuesday as Dayana Hurtado, 24, was fatally shot by her ex-boyfriend, Chase Harder, 21, of Coral Springs, who has since been identified as a former detention officer with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.
A GoFundMe campaign in Hurtado’s honor has been created to help her find a final resting place in her home country of Peru and help her daughter, whose biological father says may have witnessed her death.
Chase Harder allegedly shot and killed Hurtado before fleeing the scene with her 3-year-old daughter, who he later dropped off at the home of her biological father before turning himself in.
Recently speaking out about the incident, Jordan Chavez, the child’s biological father, says Harder unexpectedly dropped off the daughter at his West Palm Beach apartment shortly after 11 p.m. Harder claimed to Chavez he didn’t know the whereabouts of the child’s mother.
Chavez noted that Harder had visible injuries, including scratches on his arms and blood on his feet.
According to Chavez’s account, the child seemed anxious being around Harder and would later share that he had harmed her mother, explaining that she had “fallen to the floor and went to sleep.”
In the aftermath of the shooting, it has been revealed that Hurtado had reported Harder, a former U.S. Army military police officer, to the police on July 30.
According to the arrest report, she claimed Harder had sent her threatening text messages indicating his intention to kill her.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyOctober 1, 2023Coral Springs Man Accused of Forcibly Undressing and Assaulting Girlfriend
- Crime & SafetySeptember 30, 2023‘I’m Going to Kill You’: Man Arrested After Breaking Down Woman’s Bedroom Door With Hammer
- Crime & SafetySeptember 29, 2023Coral Springs Woman Arrested in $11 Million Insurance Fraud Scandal
- EventsSeptember 29, 2023Register Now for the Chamber’s ‘Dancing Through the Decades’ Gala