By Sharon Aron Baron
After an Aquatics employee tested positive for COVID-19, the city took precautions necessary to ensure the health, wellbeing, and safety of residents by closing several pools the employee had contact with.
Precautions included closures of the Aquatic Complex, Mullins Pool, and Cypress Pool facilities which were disinfected. Also, the entire workforce who were exposed to the positive employee were proactively tested for COVID-19 — and are currently virus free.
On Saturday, July 11, the city will reopen the Aquatic Complex and Mullins Pool, and on Monday, July 13, at 10 a.m. Cypress Pool will reopen.
Aquatic Complex Hours
Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The pool will be available only for lap swim in short course lanes, one swimmer per lane. Swimmers must pre-register. The 1-meter diving boards will be open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for public use.
The Fitness Center at the Aquatic Complex is also open during the Aquatic Complex operation hours. We are currently accepting new members. Please call 954-345-2121 for more info.
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The pool will be available only for lap swim in short course lanes, one swimmer per lane. Swimmers must pre-register.
Weather permitting, sessions will be available seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. to accommodate 60 people per session.
Facial coverings must be worn properly when checking-in to the facilities, walking around the pool deck and when using the bathrooms.
Facial coverings are not required when participating in strenuous physical activity, including exercising or when in a pool, provided that social distancing of six feet is maintained. Proper use includes covering the nose and mouth, as the CDC recommends.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime