By: Sharon Aron Baron
By combining German culture and art, Coral Springs has put their own spin on Oktoberfest and called it “Artoberfest”.
The German beer festival is a celebration of Bavarian history, created in 1810 in honor of the Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Theresa von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
Coral Springs’ version will be held on Saturday, October 5, and will feature authentic German fare, entertainment, beer, and wine, as well as Bavarian treats.
Artoberfest, now in its third year, features authentic German fare, entertainment, beer, and wine, as well as favorite Bavarian treats.
This year, the city is extending its hours to 2;00 pm. to 10:00 p.m. and will take place on the City Hall lawn, so plan to make it a full day of German heritage, music, and art. In addition, they are adding a special kids’ carnival area, which will provide fun for the entire family.
The Swinging Bavarians will perform traditional songs throughout the evening. Local artists showcase their handcrafted items and hungry festival attendees can look forward to a typical Bavarian fare served by long-time German restaurant, The Ambry (for purchase).
They will be plating up all the favorites, such as bratwurst, potato pancakes, and strudel. A variety of Tucher beers and German wines by Republic National Distributing will be available for purchase.
Free parking will be available in the City Hall garage. City Hall is located at 9500 West Sample Road.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event