By: Sharon Aron Baron
A trip to the movies is exciting for most children. But there are some that view theaters as scary rather than fun. So now, a movie theater chain is stepping in to make the experience more inclusive.
Paragon Theaters has designed screenings for those with sensory processing disorders, autism, or other special needs by creating a safe and welcoming environment.
“We feel these screenings are important as they provide children with sensory issues the ability to enjoy an outing at the movies with their friends and family in an environment that is comfortable for them,” said Sandy Pascual, vice president of marketing and PR.
In November and December, they will hold two shows, which will have the light’s on, and the sound turned down. Children are also free to move around the auditorium during the movie.
On November 23, they will feature Disney Frozen II, and December 14 will feature Jumanji, Welcome to the Jungle. Movie start time is 10 am.
These showings sell out fast as they are very popular with moviegoers. Tickets can be purchased in advance via Paragon’s website at paragontheaters.com or via their mobile app.
Paragon Theaters is located at The Plaza at Coral Springs II at 770 Riverside Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs